Here you'll find information for how a citizen can file a tort claim against Tulsa County.
Directions for Filing
- Claim shall be typed if possible. If typing is not feasible, neat, legible hand writing may be substituted.
- Download Tort Claim Form - Use this form when submitting a claim.
- Claim shall provide the following information in clear language:
- A thorough description of the incident.
- The location (address), date and time of the incident.
- Names of any and all known witnesses to the incident (and telephone numbers or other means of contact, if known).
- Name of the County employee to whom the incident was reported.
- The claimant’s name, address and home and work telephone numbers.
- Claimant shall document damage with photographs and submit with tort claim.
- Claimant shall provide “proof of ownership” – i.e., deed of property, title and registration of the vehicle.
- The claimant shall sign and date the tort claim.
- The claimant shall file the tort claim in the office of the County Clerk by either
- Submitting the tort claim in person.
- Mailing the tort claim in an envelope to the address below
- Claimant shall obtain a minimum of two (2) quotes for property damage
- Claimant shall provide a minimum of two (2) estimates for vehicle repairs, using repair shops of their choice
Mailing Address for Filing
Notice of Tort Claim against Tulsa County
Tulsa County Clerk’s Office
218 W. 6th St., 7th Floor
Tulsa, OK 74119