Veterans Information


Tulsa County welcomes our nation’s veterans to our facilities and our employee ranks. Here you’ll find information on how we can help you preserve your military discharge papers, our specialty Veteran’s Treatment Court, tax exemptions for disabled veterans, and our veterans hiring practices.

DD214 Military Discharge Papers

The DD214 is one of the most important documents you will get from the final out-processing appointment. It is your proof of military service. This document shows the nature of your discharge, dates of service and current classification. It is often needed to claim most of your Veterans Affairs benefits.

The Tulsa County Clerk’s Office will file your DD214 Military Discharge Papers for free and provide you or authorized persons with certified copies for free. It is important to have this on file in case it gets lost or you need a certified copy for future purposes. Discharge information is not public record and can be only obtained by you or authorized persons.

You may file your DD214 in the County Clerk's office Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. (except government holidays), located on the 7th floor of Tulsa County HQ, 218 W. 6th St.

Call the County Clerk's office at 918-596-5801, Option 3, for Land Records with additional questions or for more information.

Veterans Treatment Court

Veterans Treatment Court is part of Tulsa Alternative Courts Program. This program helps those who served our nation and who have been charged with a criminal offense and struggle with drug and/or alcohol addictions and/or mental health problems. Veterans Treatment Court is modeled after specialty drug courts, which have proven to be effective in handling criminal cases of substance abusers, restoring lives and preventing future arrests.

Learn more.

Disabled Veterans Exemption

The Assessor’s office provides a Disabled Veterans Exemption for 100 % Disabled Veterans. The exemption is for the full Fair Cash Value (Market) of homestead property. To qualify for this exemption, you must be:

  • Head of household
  • Honorably discharged from active service in a branch of the Armed Forces of the United States or Oklahoma National Guard
  • Certified by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs to have one hundred percent (100%) permanent disability sustained through military action or accident or resulting from a disease contracted while in active service
  • As of January 1, own the property that has a Homestead Exemption in place or is eligible for a Homestead Exemption on the property

You may apply for this exemption at the Tulsa County Assessor’s Office between 8:00–5:00 Monday–Friday (excluding holidays), located on the 5th floor of Tulsa County HQ, 218 W. 6th St.

Learn more.


Tulsa County fully recognizes, honors and complies with the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act. We provide our managers and supervisors with the tools they need to effectively manage employees who serve in the Guard and Reserve. We appreciate the values, leadership and unique skills service members bring to the workforce and will encourage opportunities to hire guardsmen, reservists and veterans. We continually recognize and support our country’s service members and their families, in peace, in crises and in war.

Apply for Tulsa County open positions.